Thursday, July 19, 2007

RUMOR: Manhunt 2 to be published with an AO rating


There's a guy that goes by Falafelkid and he has his own blog. Well, this guy is pretty reliable. He has a few sources and they usually turn out to give true information. Here is what he says:

I have contact to someone who claims to work for NOA in Redmond. That person has told me in confidence that a memo was circulated about two weeks ago about Nintendo publishing ´Manhunt 2´ despite the AO rating.

I have been seeking to verify this with my sources at Take 2 and Rockstar. Also, I have asked for the memo to be forwarded to me. I am still busy on those two fronts, so please bear with me until I get more detail and can actually write a proper post.

Let me just close by saying that I do regard the source as reasonably reliable, while I simply cannot believe that Nintendo would ever consider such a move.


I agree with Falafelkid. I just don't see this coming true. Even Sony and Microsoft won't publish an AO game, so I don't see why Nintendo would. But if they did, it would destroy the kiddy console image, that's for sure.

Source

No comments: