Tuesday, August 28, 2007

My Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Impressions


So, today I went over to a GameStop near my apartment and I played Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. I got to play for almost an hour, so I got a good grasp of what the game is like. So what's my Prime history? I rented Metroid Prime and I thought it was an ok game. I bought Metroid Prime 2: Echoes used really cheap at Blockbuster I think it was and thought that was ok. I had heard that Metroid Prime 3 was one of the best wii games out there and that it was better than the first two in the series, so I was looking forward to playing it. I was not disappointed.

The graphics were great and the cutscenes were fun to watch because of it, though the cutscenes would have been better if the sound was turned up on the TV there. Anyways, the gameplay was very much like the other Metroid Prime games. It had the same feel to it, which I was sort of worried about, but it actually wasn't that bad this time around. Things were a bit more straight forward and that helped. I even got a few people to ask me if they could play the game, but I refused to let them. They were kids anyways, so they wouldn't have a license and weren't allowed to play.

And of course, the topic many have wondered is the controls. I loved the controls. Being a big FPS fan, the controls worked great for the game. I do have Red Steel, and despite its issues with the controls, the controls are still fun. Metroid Prime 3 had great controls, so that made it even better. I loved using the nunchuk to pull off enemies' shields and using the wii remote to open locks and things. Aiming was very easy with the wii remote, so I was happy about that too.

All in all, I recommend getting it, or at least trying it out. Will I buy it? Maybe. I don't have much money as it is, so I'll be getting Brawl and one or two other things. Maybe one day I'll buy it, but even if I don't, it still goes up on the greatest wii games list, alongside Twilight Princess. The Corruption is here... and I like it.

No comments: