Thursday, August 30, 2007

Nintendo Holding a Conference on 9/5! [UPDATED]

Good news and bad news, folks. The bad news is that Nintendo isn't showing up at the Tokyo Game Show, which they rarely do anyways. The good news? Nintendo is holding their own conference before Tokyo Game Show. The conference will be held on Wednesday, September 5th and will focus on Nintendo's games releasing from October to December. I think that's better than Nintendo attending TGS. And for those that haven't figured it out, that release period includes some awesome Wii titles, like Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl in particular.

Some third parties are also holding conferences. Capcom has one on August 31st, which is tomorrow, and SEGA has one on September 14th. I don't know about you, but I'm excited for Nintendo's conference. I am sure we'll get some new information on games I've been wanting to hear more about so I look forward to it. The countdown begins: 6 days!

Source

[UPDATE] I just remembered something. Around E3 07 time, Reggie made a comment saying a surprise is coming in September... and the conference, well it's in September. Could we find out this surprise in 6 days? Maybe. Not only that but Beth Llewelyn of NOA said this:

"After we get back from E3, we'll look at the calendar and figure out the right time to do something very specific for Smash Bros. Brawl," added Llewelyn

Is that comment connected to this conference? Maybe. I'm even more excited now.

Source for Llewelyn's comment

No comments: