Monday, August 6, 2007

Wii Shop Channel going down for a little while [UPDATED]

Go Nintendo is reporting that the Wii Shop Channel will be down for a while later today. They said there is a message that comes up on the Wii Shop Channel when you start it, so I turned on my Wii to check it out. If you click the the words "Shop Channel Availability" on the first page that shows up, you get the following message:

"The Wii Shop Channel will be temporarily unavailable for approximately three hours today, starting at 3:30 p.m. Pacific time. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and thank you for understanding and continued support!"

My guess is that it's just down for some maintenance. Some people are saying they're putting up Neo Geo games or they are changing the Wii Shop Channel's look, but I don't think they are. I guess we'll find out for sure at around 6:30 PST, which is about 9:30 EST.

Source

[UPDATE] Some people on the NSider forums are saying that the Wii Shop Channel is now down and it says it's down for maintenance. Someone also said they talked to someone (I don't know who or through what method) and they said they are addressing a few issues and are trying to get it back up soon so people can download new games. Sounds like it's just for maintenance which is what I figured. I can't check the channel now though cause my sister is playing Paper Mario. I'll let you guys know what happened once the Wii Shop Channel is back up and running again.

No comments: