Sunday, June 17, 2007

6/17 Thought of the Day: My Twilight Princess Impressions


Today, I rented Twilight Princess for the second time. Yes, rented. I don't own it, but I do plan on buying it soon, hopefully. The reason I never bought it before was because of a past experience with a Legend of Zelda game. I have The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the GameCube and it is a good game and all, but I was constantly getting confused as to what to do next. Plus, the beginning part kind of dragged on and got kind of boring for me. I feared that Twilight Princess would be the same. Soon after it came out, I heard many good things about it and finally rented it.

Twilight Princess is one of my favorite games of all time. The storyline is great. Everytime I play, My sisters tell me to call them so they can watch me play. It's so interesting to see what will happen next. The graphics are amazing and so is the gameplay. The Wii Remote/Nunchuk combo really makes the game awesome. I love killing bad guys by slashing them with the Wii Remote or making Link spin his sword with the Nunchuk. I also love being Wolf Link. The Twilight Realm is very creepy and I like the added challenges it brings.

The game is also very long, as I soon discovered. By the time I had to turn it in, I still had a lot left. That's why I rented it again. I don't have enough money to buy the game, and I usually don't repeat single player games too much, so I rented it. Anyways, I continued where I left off and I feared that I would forget the controls. When I started the game back up, everything came back to me. The controls are so intuitive and perfect for the game that I easily remembered what to do next. I only have one issue with the controls: Jumping. When you want to jump, you quickly tilt the control stick upward. The control stick is also used for moving, so sometimes I would just move forward instead of jump. Despite that, the controls are great.

I wasn't that big of a Legend of Zelda fan before, but Twilight Princess has really got me into The Legend of Zelda. I look forward to the next Zelda game coming out, Phantom Hourglass for the DS, which I will definitely try. I highly recommend Twilight Princess to Zelda fans and non-Zelda fans. I give the game a 9.7/10.

No comments: