Saturday, June 23, 2007
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Information from Play Magazine
WARNING: THERE ARE SPOILERS BELOW!
The most recent issue of Play Magazine has some information on Metroid Prime 3: Corruption from when they played it at the Nintendo Media Summit and Go Nintendo has it posted. Here it is (Warning: There are spoilers ahead):
- First level - You are attacked on a spaceship while meeting with the ship’s captain…action packed
- Play feels motion controls work better than dual joystick
- Super sensitive pointer in “advanced” mode
- Beam stacking ala Super Metroid
- Visor switch: Hold minus and flick Wiimote in certain directions
- Boss fight with Ridley at the end of the first level. Excellent difficulty curve by the time you reach the boss.
- Back tracking in MP3:C makes more sense than in previous Primes
- Extra development time was to give the game more polish. Nintendo wanted “Twilight Princess” levels of polish. Game is focused on Metroid fans and hardcore gamers, but still accessible to newcomers due to controls.
- Second level - floating city focused on exploration
- Larger environments, bloom lighting, better textures than Prime 2
- Corruption Mode not available in demo
- Play says it could be the biggest revolution in FPS gaming since Halo.