Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Classic Controller Goodness: 6/20 Thought of the Day


Today, I bought a Classic Controller for Wii, and I must say, I'm really happy I did. It's awesome! I tried it with a few of my VC games and I'm loving it. It feels really light and comfortable. It's a great controller. I played Super Mario Bros. with it and it felt great. I think the two biggest games that were impacted by the use of the Classic Controller were StarFox 64 and Mario Kart 64.

Both of those games were easier when played with the classic controller. Mario Kart 64 felt so smooth in playing and StarFox 64 was much easier to play thanks to the controller layout. All in all, I'm glad I purchased it. Oh, and one more interesting tidbit that I noticed. You can move around the cursor on the Wii Menu and select things with the Classic Controller. I didn't know you could do that, so that was an added bonus.

So, I highly recommend getting one if you don't have one already. VC games are much better with them and you can even use them for some Wii games, like Brawl. And lastly, I wanted to mention something completely unrelated to the Classic Controller. I MIGHT be going to Video Games Live. More details on that later.

No comments: