Monday, June 11, 2007

6/11 Thought of the Day: StarFox 64

Well, this past Saturday, I got 1,000 Wii Points. After hearing a lot of praise about StarFox 64, I decided to check it out. I downloaded it and I played the 1 player mode. I got through the first two levels, but had to turn it off because I had to go somewhere. From what I did get to play, I was interested. It certainly seemed fun. On Sunday, I went to my grandparents' house and took my Wii like I do most of the time. I then started to play StarFox 64. The first two levels were easy since I had played them before, but they were still fun. By the time I had started the 3rd level, my sister started saying she wanted to play Cooking Mama: Cook Off on Wii.

I told her to wait because I had just gotten StarFox 64 and I really wanted to play it more. I continued to play StarFox 64 and she continued to bug me. As I kept playing, she started to stop bugging me. By the time I had gotten to the last level, she was giving me tips and was into the game. So, how was it? Awesome. It was a lot of fun, though I didn't like the Landmaster Tank level as much as any of the Arwing levels. The Andross battle was intense. Andross scared me the first time I saw him. It was creepy and really crazy. I beat him and felt thoroughly satisfied with myself.

All in all, it is an awesome game. I can definitely see great replay value and I will definitely play it more. I can't give it a rating right now though since I haven't played the multiplayer yet. But, if I had to rate the 1 player mode, I would give it a 9.5, with .5 taken out because of the Landmaster Tank level being not as good as the Arwing levels, though it was fun. All in all, it was a great game. It was the first time I had ever played a StarFox game, and I loved it. Now I know why Fox is a popular character. Before, he was just some other character in Super Smash Bros., but now I have motivation to play as him. I strongly suggest downloading StarFox 64 if you don't have it already. It's awesome. Once I can convince my sisters to play it with me or once my friends come over, I'll post my multiplayer thoughts. I have $20 and I'm thinking of getting more Wii Points with it. Once a game that I'm interested in comes out, I'll download it.

No comments: